What is a Global Watchlist Records Check?
A global watchlist records check will look for an individual on all of the major global watchlists, which include monitored lists, adverse media lists, sanctions lists, and politically exposed persons lists. Some of these lists can allow you to identify individuals that the FBI suspects of serious crimes, such as people who are on a most wanted list.
So, what you're probably wondering is, "What type of conduct would lead to someone being put on a watchlist?" The answer to that question depends on the type of global watchlist that you're looking at, which could be any of the following lists.
Monitored lists keep track of individuals who are monitored by the FBI. This includes the most wanted list, which keeps track of individuals who have committed exceptionally heinous crimes. Here are a few examples of criminal acts that led to an individual's placement on the FBI most wanted list:
- Acts of terrorism
- Murder and mass murder
- Serious acts of theft and fraud
- Individuals who have been accused of serious investment schemes and scams
One thing that you can be sure of if an individual is on a global watchlist of monitored individuals is that they will not make a trustworthy employee. In fact, they could be a very serious danger to yourself, your employees, your customers, and the entire company.
Adverse Media Lists
Adverse media lists are not used for FBI investigations. However, these lists include individuals who have been covered by the media in a highly negative light.
Sanctioned lists include individuals who have faced international sanctions. There's a multitude of reasons why this could be the case, but they all involve strong suspicion of serious and politically motivated crimes. These lists can also include placement on the Office of Inspector General's exclusion list.
Politically Exposed Persons Lists
Individuals on a politically exposed persons list have not necessarily committed any acts of crime or corruption. Instead, these individuals are simply in a position where they could be highly susceptible to bribery.
Check the global security watchlist instantly.
Add this check to any package for only $15 and get results back immediately.
Can an Individual Be Removed From a Global Watchlist?
In some cases, yes. However, they will need to submit a redress request, and they'll only be removed from the list if circumstances have changed or their placement on the list was in error.
What Shows Up in a Global Watchlist Records Check?
If you are looking at a global watchlist record, it's important to know the specific type of record that you're looking at. Each type of global watchlist is a bit different, and these are the things that you need to look for on each type of list:
- If you're looking at adverse media lists, it's important to look for coverage about an individual that could be harmful to the reputation of your company.
- If you are looking at monitored lists, the presence of an individual on the list is a strong sign that they could pose a serious threat to your company.
- If you're looking at a politically exposed persons list, it's important to know why they are listed and whether it could impact your company.
- Individuals who are on a sanctions list are often guilty of criminal behavior, which is politically motivated. If an individual shows up on one of these watchlists, it's important to avoid hiring them.
What Are the Benefits of Global Watchlist Records for Businesses?
Not only can looking at global watchlists ensure that you don't inadvertently hire a terrorist or another type of dangerous criminal, but it can also help to protect your company from theft and fraud. This can allow you to run a much more effective and profitable business than you'd be able to otherwise.